Master up to 24 Near Coastal
MAR30921 – Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
A Master oversees all aspects of a ship’s operation, while at sea, at anchor and in port. They command a commercial vessel of up to 24 metres in length, within limits specified by the Marine Authority. They are responsible for overseeing activities such as the carriage of passengers, the loading and unloading of cargo, repair and maintenance work, the receipt and transmission of information, navigation and all other activities essential to the safe, efficient and effective running of a ship. They are also responsible for managing a ship’s budget and expenditure, as well as preparing voyage plans. A Master must also record the daily activities in the ship’s log, including the course and any alterations, the ship’s position, any repairs and the weather conditions.
This certificate will allow you to work as:
- Master on commercial vessels up to 24 metres long within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ)
- Chief mate or deck watchkeeper on vessels up to 35 metres long within the EEZ
- Chief mate or deck watchkeeper on vessels up to 80 metres long in inshore waters.
Training Calendar and Enrolment Form
AMSA Links for Certificate of Competency Application
- Certificate of Competency Application (AMSA 426)
- Eyesight Test Certificate (AMSA 542)
- Record of Sea Service (AMSA 771)
- Medical Certificate is compulsory for AMSA as of 1 January 2023.
- AMSA Sea Service and Task Books Information
- AMSA detailed information is available here